Wednesday 12 March 2014

My name's Helen.

I'm an only child from Central Hawke's Bay so I'm used to being independent in a quiet area with small towns and farms all around. I used to wake up to the sounds of cows outside my window back where I lived, and now I have to get used to the noises of cars and passers by. But I'm not too upset by being in the city, surprisingly.
 
As well as drawing, I love to write and hope to one day publish a book or two. I'm interested in film too; from the stories and characters to the costume and set designs. I'm also fascinated by animals and things in nature, I like to draw from life and I like finding out all I can about the creatures of the world.

Since I have no siblings I compensate with pets; four cats, a dog, several guppy fish and others that have come and gone before. I'm sentimental and hold memories close, this often means that I horde stuff because of the stories behind them, so my room is full of many different objects and symbols that mean something to me. It gets messy sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment